Skip to main content

[SCHOOL TRIP] Economics project in Sapa...(First day)

IBDP year 1 student took a field trip to Sapa, a small town in the northwestern part of Vietnam.
We (I) stayed 4 days in Sapa. The weather was really clear that I could even observe many stars in the night sky.
And the first time to try my new GOPRO..!
The first day, we visited Fansipan, which is the highest mountain in Vietnam.
It took approximately 6-8 minutes to reach the top.

Beautiful sceneries from cablecar.
Mountain was kept in the mist.
Tourism brought 'investment' to Sapa's local government and enable this tourism spot to build more facilities. However, the earnings did not seem to be distributed well to the local community.
At the observation deck
The first day in Sapa was finished by the journey to Fansipan mountain. The second day will be about trekking and hiking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[After school activities] Checking water quality of water ecosystems in Hanoi

With the Environment Club CCP group, I went to several water ecosystems in Hanoi to check the water quality and how it's related with locals' life.  The first one is 'To Lich' river. This river usually called as 'Toilet river' by foreigners who live in Hanoi.  We could easily observe that the polluted water from sewages directly flowed to the river, which is serious point pollution.  To get better result, I took 1 litre of water from the river. The smell of the river was very stinky and I could observe the air (bubble) being popped in the river. I think To Lich river is highly toxic.  The second one is Ngoc Khanh lake. It is near to my school and the civil government had huge project to clean the ecosystem of Ngoc Khanh lake. They took off all of the water in the lake and cleaned the lakebed. After the cleaning, they put lake water back. In result, this lake became so much cleaner than the past times. Our CCP also took a liter of wat...

[URBAN PLANNING NEWS] New form of GIS, Alibaba's ET Brain (and my thoughts on it)

Two days left until the Winter Olympics finished in my home country! During my spare time, I read an article on the Olympics' official sponsors, and there was an interesting system that may greatly affect the usage of GIS in fields of urban planning and urban management. It was Alibaba's ET brain! <Image referenced from here > As Alibaba named it as a ' brain ', it literally works like a human brain . The human brain first gathers information received by sensory devices and delivers the gathers to the hippocampus.  It refers to the ET's <Data aggregation> . Secondly, the hippocampus will rehearse the received information in order to construct a stronger memory. Well just think of ' Stronger and more sophisticated hippocampus' for the step of 'Data convergence! Lastly, when the data are accumulated enough to calculate the fashion, like constructing a solid long-term memory , the 'Intelligent development...

[NORMAL DAYS IN KOREA] Review on Jamsil baseball stadium

As an avid Lotte Giants fan, I could not miss an opportunity to watch a match held in Seoul. There was a match between Lotte Giants and Doosan Bears on 23rd June. I had no hesitance to buy a ticket for that. I went to the stadium with my friend, who is a fan of the Doosan Bears. The ticket costs approximately $10.5 per person (weekday fare/The second floor and Infield seats). It was a reasonable price. This is a waiting queue to enter the baseball stadium. I could see many Lotte fans visit here to root for Lotte as I do. Basically, Jamsil Baseball Stadium is a baseball stadium located between the business area and the residential area of Seoul. Thereby Jamsil Stadium always has relatively more fans than those of any other stadiums.  Food that I ate in the stadium. Well-grilled Korean BBQ was a nice choice for me during watching a game. This is one of the remarkable rooting chants(?) ever I experienced in my life. This is basically a chant that disturbs...